Research Administration Community Forum
Monthly Meeting for Research Administrators at Berkeley
May Meeting Agenda
May 8, 2018, 10:30 a.m. to noon
Alumni House Toll Room
Coffee and refreshments will be provided
Overview of the Poster Event Process
Pamela Miller, Sponsored Projects Office
RA Community Mixer Update
Jennifer Chizuk, Office the Vice Chancellor for Administration
Patrick Schlesinger, Research Administration and Compliance Office
Randy Katz, Vice Chancellor for Research
Marc Fisher, Vice Chancellor for Administration
Brief presentations will be followed by informal interactions with poster developers stationed around the room.
1. Poster Title: Subrecipient vs. Supplier Wizard: A collaboration between the Sponsored Projects Office & Supply Chain Management
Contributors: Chris De Marco, Organizational Consultant, Campus Shared Services (Presenter); Pam Miller, Ph.D., Interim Executive Director, Sponsored Projects Office; and Laurina Ashby, Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Management
2. Poster Title: Expanding Research Ethics Training to Include Rigor and Reproducibility
Contributors: Tori Sharma Ph.D., Responsible Conduct of Research, Research Administration and Compliance (Presenter); Christopher J. Chang, Ph.D., Departments of Chemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology; and Matthew B. Francis, Ph.D., Department of Chemistry
3. Poster Title: The ERSO Intranet - The Gears That Connect Us and ERSO Systems Mapping postcard (People’s Choice Award)
Contributors: Miriam Kader, Research Support Officer, ERSO (Presenter); TK Chen, Application Programmer, ERSO; Mark Bell, Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, ERSO; and Diane Howe, Reimbursement Services Supervisor, ERSO
4. Poster Title: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Research Administration: A collaboration between Campus Shared Services RA and the Sponsored Projects Office
Contributors: Hannah Holloway, Research Administrator, Campus Shared Services (Presenter); Chris Maltby, Research Administrator, Campus Shared Services; Paul Martinez, Contracts and Grants Officer, Sponsored Projects Office; and Thanh Nguyen, Contracts and Grants Officer, Sponsored Project Office
5. Poster Title: Pathway to Research Administration (PTRA) Internship Project: A Journey Through Steps to Build a More Robust RA Workforce (VCA’s Award)
Contributors: Artawood Chitamitara, Senior Research Administrator (Presenter); and Campus Shared Services
6. Poster Title: Speeding Up Your Subaward
Contributors: Theresa Saunders-Landreth, Contracts and Grants Officer, Sponsored Projects Office (Presenter); Noam Pines, Associate Director, Sponsored Projects Office; and Jennifer Nadeau, Contracts and Grants Officer, Sponsored Projects Office
7. Poster Title: DUAs and MTAs of Tomorrow: Creating a model for Master Agreements for incoming DUAs and MTAs (VCR’s Award)
Contributors: Kate Lewis, Associate Director, Industry Alliance Office (Presenter); Anissa Jones, Industry Contracts Officer; and Nicole Hensley, Industry Liaison and Contracts Manager
8. Poster Title: PI Transfers – Past, Present, and Future (NIH)
Contributors: Jeffrey Bui, Contracts and Grants Officer, Sponsored Projects Office (Presenter); and Joy Ayson-Yu, Contracts and Grants Officer, Sponsored Projects Office (Presenter)
9. Poster Title: Behind the Numbers - The Federal SF-425
Contributors: Rana Burroughs, Contracts and Grants Accounting (Presenter); and Stefan Fan, Contracts and Grants Accounting (Presenter)
RAC Forum meetings are sponsored by the Research Administration and Compliance Office. All are welcome!
- Please contact Brandon Amargo (3-2836, firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- To subscribe to the mailing list for RAC Forum announcements, email email@example.com, or go to the bConnected page to join the group.
- To subscribe to the SPO mailing list for announcements and news related to research administration, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to the bConnected page to join the group.