RAC Winter Break Schedule
RAC Offices to Close During the Annual Campus Winter Break
The Office for Animal Care and Use, the Conflict of Interest Committee Office, the Office for Protection of Human Subjects, the Sponsored Projects Office, and the Research Administration and Compliance Office will be closed beginning at 12 noon on Friday, December 21, 2018 through Tuesday, January 1, 2019 during the campus energy curtailment. All offices will reopen on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
SPO Proposal Submission
SPO will process proposals due in December 2018 and January 2019 according to the VCR’s five-day proposal submission policy with the following exceptions:
|Deadlines||Five-Day Deadline (Due to SPO)*|
|Friday, December 21, 2018 through Tuesday, January 1, 2019||8 am on Monday, December 17, 2018|
|Wednesday, January 2, 2019||8 am on Tuesday, December 18, 2018|
|Thursday, January 3, 2019||8 am on Wednesday, December 19, 2018|
|Friday, January 4, 2019||8 am on Thursday, December 20, 2018|
*Applies to proposals due at 5 pm PST on the proposal deadline day.
Principal Investigators also are encouraged to inform their SPO Contract and Grant Officer (CGO) if they will be submitting a proposal with a due date just prior to, during, or just after the curtailment period. This will give SPO and the PI an opportunity to discuss the best way to handle the proposal to make sure it is submitted in a timely manner.
COI Disclosure Submission
In order to be on the agenda for any meeting, complete disclosure packets must be received no later than 10 working days prior to the date of the meeting.
- The deadline for submission for the December 17, 2018 meeting is December 3, 2018.
- The deadline for submission for the January 28, 2019 meeting is January 11, 2019
ACUC Protocol Submission
Please note that all protocols and protocol revisions must be submitted via eProtocol by 8 am on the deadline date.
- The deadline for full committee review of protocol submissions for the January 16, 2019 meeting is November 26, 2018.
- Likewise, the deadline for protocol submission for the February 13, 2019 meeting is December 17, 2018.
CPHS Protocol Submission
Important: if your study is “greater than minimal risk” needing full board review and the approval will expire before January 18, 2019, you must submit your renewal application in time for review at a December 2017 CPHS meeting.
- There is no CPHS-1 meeting in January 2019.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the January 18, 2019 CPHS-2 meeting is December 17, 2018.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the February 1, 2019 CPHS-1 meeting is January 2, 2019.