RAC Office Relocation
RAC Offices Moving to Fourth Street, January 2018
The Research Administration and Compliance (RAC) offices will be relocating to 1608 Fourth Street in Berkeley just after the campus curtailment period. This includes the Office for Protection of Human Subjects (OPHS), the Sponsored Projects Office (SPO), and RAC units managing Conflict of Interest (COI), Export Control, and Responsible Conduct of Research.
To accommodate the winter break and the move to new quarters, RAC offices will close at 12 noon on Friday December 22, 2017 and reopen on January 8, 2018. See the RAC Winter Break Schedule for details.
After January 8, 2018, hard copies of materials that need to be processed by any of these offices will need to be hand delivered or sent by campus mail to the appropriate office during regular office hours at the Fourth Street location. A Drop Box for after-hours deliveries to SPO will not be available. Note: Extra time for delivery and processing should be allowed for transmittal of time sensitive materials via campus mail.
Submission of proposals to SPO via Phoebe and use of eProtocol for submissions to OPHS and OACU will not be affected by the change in the location of RAC offices.
For the full map, see 1608 Fourth Street on Google Maps.
- Bus: The Fourth Street building is four blocks from AC Transit stops on University Avenue and six blocks from bus stops on San Pablo Avenue. A transbay bus (Z) also runs from San Francisco to the Fourth Street area.
- Bicycle: One block from the Virginia Street bicycle route. The building has indoor, secure bicycle parking.
- Car: A few blocks from the University Avenue and Gilman Street exits on I-80/I-580. The building has a campus parking lot for C, F Permits.
- BART: 1.3 miles from the North Berkeley BART station.
- Shuttle: UC Berkeley Parking and Transportation runs a shuttle between North Berkeley BART and the Fourth Street building during the weekday morning and evening commute hours to accommodate those who use BART. Hours of operation: 6:40am – 9:20am; 4:10pm – 6:10pm.